National Bible Week 2009 Updates
NBW 09 EVENTS TO WATCH OUT FOR
Press conference with Partner Organizations
- Bible Marathon at Gospel Jam and CBN Asia
- Bible Sale in PBS BibleHouses and Major Bookstores
- Bible Caravan in Metro Manila/Rizal
- Bible Translation Seminars
- Bible Quizzes in churches
- Bible presentation to key government officials
PBS Scheduled Events
Launching of ISACCs Judas Kiss Bible Study Material (Batasan, QC) — Moved (Schedule TBA)
Church and Communication Trends Seminar with Dr. Viggo Sogaard (PBS Ministry Facility)
United Methodist Church National Bible Quiz Grand Finals (PBS Facility)
National Bible Sunday: Biblical, Liturgical Ecumenical Celebration at the Araneta Coliseum (8AM-1PM)
How your Church/Organization can get involved?
- Petition your local officials to issue an ordinance or resolution to institutionalize the yearly NBW celebration in your local areas,
- Plan a special worship service during the NBW Sunday with the sermon focusing on the theme. Sermon outlines on the theme will be available in print, CD, and can be downloaded at the PBS website,
- Produce and display the NBW poster in prominent areas, e.g. church bulletin boards, barangay halls, offices, message posting areas, etc.
- Hold your own Bible Quiz, poster-making, drawing, painting or singing contests for kids and youth in celebration of National Bible Week,
- Hold a Bible Fiesta in your barangay/town/province,
- Organize Bible Week rally or symposium in the town plaza or school campuses,
- Conduct Bible reading marathon in a public place,
- Distribute Bibles and Scripture materials in public places (school campuses, city/town halls, military camps, police stations, public libraries, churches, hospitals, markets and public transportation),
- Set up a Bible Acquisition Fund to purchase Bibles for your outreach ministry.
- Receive a Bible Sunday offering and remit to the Philippine Bible Society or use this to purchase Bibles for your church or for distribution to police, military, barangay officials, jail inmates, hospital patients, and students, in your area.