What is Handwritten Unity Bible?
- A historic first-of-its-kind, ecumenical and multi-sectoral undertaking, that will bring together Filipinos nationwide to celebrate God’s Word as a concrete expression of Christian unity.
- A response to the dream and prayer of the Lord Jesus in John 17:21
- Aims to raise at least Php30 million for the May They Be One Bible campaign
- Featuring a total of 35, 489 verses from 78 books of the Bible, including Deuterocanonical books.
Why Write a Bible by Hand?
- To create Bible awareness and foster love for God’s Word among various sectors in the country.
- Help raise funds for the May They Be One Bible campaign
- A response to the XII Synod of Bishops in October 2008 and the Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Benedict XVI.
- Unite Filipinos in a bayanihan effort toward national transformation through God’s Word.
Who Can Participate?
- Filipino citizens; Bible-believers from different denominations, locations and sectoral affiliations.
- Those able to register in designated/participating Writing Centers all over the country. Registration forms are available at the ECBA and PBS offices and may be downloaded from the PBS/ECBA websites.
The Handwritten Bible
- The Bible will have a two-column, two-language page format: English on the left column and the writer’s heart language on the right. Passages to be “handwritten” will be exclusively be from the PBS’ Magandang Balita Biblia Series or authorized versions published by the Summer Institute of Linguistics and the Translators Association of the Philippines.
- Ruled paper bearing the PBS and MTBO logos will be used in writing. A special pen will also be provided for writing.
If you would like to be part of the Handwritten Unity Bible, kindly fill up this form and our HUB Coordinator will contact you as soon as possible.