15 Ways to Celebrate National Bible Week
15 WAYS TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL BIBLE WEEK
- Plan a special National Bible Sunday Worship service with the sermon/homily focusing on the year’s NBW theme.
- Display the NBW poster in prominent areas (church bulletin boards, message posting area).
- Hold a Bible Quiz, poster-poster making contests, and other activities that will encourage people to read and engage with the Bible.
- Conduct an NBW parade or motorcade in the community
- Hold a Bible/Prayer rally in your town plaza, municipal hall or public entertainment area
- Initiate a celebration in LGUs through a Bible reading and distribution during their Monday flag-raising ceremonies.
- Begin a public Scripture reading program such as i-Proclaim! in the community to raise awareness for the scriptures.
- Reproduce promotional materials in local community newsletters or program bulletins.
- Launch a Bible distribution program for prison inmates, hospital patients, students, police precincts, public markets and transport terminals.
- Stage creative ways to showcase Bible knowledge like dance competitions, rap and singing contests.
- Lobby to institutionalize National Bible Week celebration through a resolution or ordinance
- Set up a Bible Fund to buy Bibles for your church or outreach communities.
- Conduct a Handwritten Unity Bible writing event
- Conduct a sports event such as Bible walk or run, Bike-for-a-Bible and marathon